||Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation ,Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
||Damon Runyon-Lilly Clinical Investigator Award
The $450,000 award will be for a period of three years. Funding in the amount of $150,000 will be allocated to the awardee’s institution each year for the support of the Clinical Investigator.
||The Damon Runyon Clinical Investigator Award supports independent young physician-scientists conducting disease-oriented research that demonstrates a high level of innovation and creativity. The goal is to support the best young physician-scientists doing work aimed at improving the practice of cancer medicine.
|Number of Applicants University is Allowed to submit:
|UM Nominations Process:
||Those interested in applying should submit the following pre-proposal materials as a single pdf document to email@example.com no later than 4pm on 12/19:
1. Cover page including PI name, department, contact information, project title, and one paragraph project abstract.
2. Project summary (not more than three pages).
3. PI Biosketch (NIH format).
Any questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-625-2356.
|Peer Review Coordination:
||Office of the VP for Research contact email
||The internal deadline has passed but no applicants were selected. Please contact the office coordinating the peer review for more information.
||To be considered for peer review and internal selection, faculty must follow the above submission guidelines and meet the UM deadline as set by the office coordinating the peer review for this opportunity.
- Each posting has information about the external sponsor and opportunity as well as the internal application instructions.
- Opportunities can be sorted by column headings; just click on the heading to re-sort by that column.
- When a link redirects you to another site, it opens in a new browser window.
- If you know of an opportunity that is not on the list, please contact Robyn Kennedy.
- Sponsor: redirects you to the sponsor's main website
- Title/Guidelines: redirects you to sponsor specific information regarding the opportunity which may include description, eligibility, budget instructions, forms and other requirements
- Amount: Maximum dollar amount awarded.
- Add’l Req: Identifies special requirements such as cost sharing, partners, etc.
- Sponsor Deadline: External deadline identified by the sponsor.
- UM Submission Instructions: Contains specific internal submission requirements including internal proposal instructions, deadline, eligibility, internal nomination process, contact information.
- # Apps: The maximum number of applications the sponsor will allow the university to submit.
- UM Deadline: Submission deadline for internal proposal as determined by the coordinating office.
- Open: UM deadline has not passed and the opportunity is open for application.
- In Review: Peer review process is in progress for the opportunity.
- PI Selected: The PI has been selected as the official UM nominee.
- Closed: Sponsor deadline has passed and the opportunity is closed for application.
U of M Submission Instructions (Required)
This link includes summary sponsor information, specific instructions for internal submission and contact information for the university office coordinating the nomination process.
- Follow the directions in the submission instructions and submit required materials by the UM deadline to the contact indicated.
- Instructions vary according to the requirements of the sponsor and the university office coordinating the nomination process.
Registration is an optional but highly recommended feature. Perhaps you are looking for a wider audience for your proposal idea, or for potential collaborators to work with to create a stronger application. Registration allows applicants to share proposal ideas and post contact information.
Registration also provides information that helps the university office overseeing the nomination to determine the level of coordination needed and guide the review process.
To register (or view registrants), click on the UM Submission Instructions for a specific opportunity, then click on the Register Interest link.
- Once the internal deadline has passed, the status will change to “In Review” and proposals will undergo review.
- If there are multiple applicants, the office managing the nomination will determine the review criteria and coordinate the review process.
- Once review has been completed all parties will be notified via email.
- Nominees will be provided with a letter addressed to the sponsor from the OVPR indicating that they are the university's nominee. This letter should accompany the nominee's proposal.
- SPA is notified of the university's nominee(s) and the status is updated to “PI Selected”.
If you have questions about the University's process related to extramural funding opportunities
requiring nomination, please contact email@example.com